Valley Gate is located overlooking the Assiniboine Valley, 30 minutes North West of Brandon, MB, between Alexander and Rivers. The far-reaching views of the valley create the most stunning backdrop for Weddings. The Valley Gate grounds consist of 160 acres of rolling hills and plateaus, running from the top, down the side of the Valley. Wild flowers and prairie grass cover the landscape. Enjoy the peace and quiet, far from traffic noise, with only the sounds of nature.
Areas & Features
Our ceremony area is located on the top of a hill overlooking the Valley and has a large 10 foot tall pergola which serves as the altar area.
At the back of the ceremony area are 8 foot tall lattice walls with vines. In the middle of the wall there is an opening for the main aisle with an ornate double door gate. At night this area is illuminated with bistro lights. Just outside the ceremony area is a lion fountain and garden area.
Next to the ceremony site there is a large flat grassed area that is designated for setting up your reception tent. New in 2024 we will be adding a catering shelter and restroom building.
A short distance down into one of our ravines is a grove of large oak trees, ideal for a private first look location or photos in the shade.
As a getting ready location on site we allow access to the main floor of our home which has stunning large windows, an antique vanity, and can serve as an indoor photo location as well.
Bookings include the following:
• Full day use of the Ceremony & Reception grounds
• Bench seating for ceremony.
• White ceremony pergola draping with your choice of colour tie-backs
• Use of our home for onsite getting ready location.
• Signs posted at the 2 turns to get to Valley Gate from the highway.
• Quiet generators for ceremony power and reception tent.
• Ceremony setup and teardown.
• Bonfire from 8pm to 11pm.
• 4 Port-A-Potty units (serves up to 100 guests)
• Use of 27 candle lanterns.
• Use of the following
3 – 4 foot plank tables
2 – Small round bar height adjustable tables
4 – 8 foot folding table
1 – 8 foot large plank table
2 – 8 foot plank benches
• Use of 4 – 60 foot solar powered LED light strings
• Designated, complementary parking with solar path lighting
• Use of antique love seat, for photos (weather permitting)
• Complementary rehearsal during the week before the wedding
Ruth can guide you to all the right rental companies for things such as your tent, chairs, tables, portable restrooms, generators, and décor.
Food & Beverages
We allow outside food and liquor at our venue, which allows you the opportunity to do anything from a good old-fashioned BBQ or sit down dinner catered by your favourite caterer. We can provide our clients with a list of recommended caterers and bar providers. If you decide to do your own bar a liquor license would be required and the bartenders must have their serving it safe certification.
Contact us today to start planning your big day!