Valley Gate is located overlooking the Assiniboine Valley, 30 minutes North West of Brandon, MB, between Alexander and Rivers. The far-reaching views of the valley create the most stunning backdrop for Weddings. The Valley Gate grounds consist of 160 acres of rolling hills and plateaus, running from the top, down the side of the Valley. Wild flowers and prairie grass cover the landscape. Enjoy the peace and quiet, far from traffic noise, with only the sounds of nature.
Areas & Features
Our ceremony area is located on the top of a hill overlooking the Valley and has a large 10 foot tall pergola which serves as the altar area.
At the back of the ceremony area are 8 foot tall lattice walls with vines. In the middle of the wall there is an opening for the main aisle with an ornate double door gate. The ceremony area will be developed over time to become a beautiful garden.
Next to the ceremony site are several flat areas that are great for setting up the wedding tent for your reception.
There are also a large parking area.
Bookings include the following:
• Full day use of the Ceremony & Reception grounds
• Bench seating for ceremony.
• White ceremony pergola draping with your choice of colour tie-backs
• Signs posted at the 2 turns to get to Valley Gate from the highway.
• Quiet generator for ceremony power.
• Ceremony setup and teardown.
• Use of 27 candle lanterns.
• Use of the following
3 – 4 foot plank tables
2 – Small round bar height adjustable tables
4 – 8 foot folding table
1 – 8 foot large plank table
2 – 8 foot plank benches
• Use of 4 – 60 foot solar powered LED light strings
• Designated, complementary parking with solar path lighting
• Use of antique love seat, for photos (weather permitting)
• Complementary rehearsal during the week before the wedding
Ruth can guide you to all the right rental companies for things such as your tent, chairs, tables, portable restrooms, generators, and décor.
Food & Beverages
We allow outside food and liquor at our venue, which allows you the opportunity to do anything from a good old-fashioned BBQ or sit down dinner catered by your favourite caterer. We can provide our clients with a list of recommended caterers and bar providers. If you decide to do your own bar a liquor license would be required and the bartenders must have their serving it safe certification.
Contact us today to start planning your big day!